Last updated: July 2021
You consent to us collecting, holding, using, and disclosing your personal information in accordance with this policy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Personal Data is information that identifies you, or information by which your identity can be ascertained, and may include an opinion about you (Personal Data).
In the course of your visits to our website, or the purchase and use of our products and services, we may obtain Personal Data from you which may include:
- Identity Data, which includes your first and last name, username, screen name, marital status, title, date of birth and gender;
- Contact Data, which includes your billing address, residential address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers;
- Financial Data, which includes payment, PayPal, AfterPay, credit card or debit card details;
- Transaction Data, which includes details about payments to and from you, geographic location, IP address shopping habits and preferences and products you have purchased from us; and
- Other Data, which includes further information, instruction or comments you provide to us directly or indirectly including through our representatives or our website or social media sites, including via transactions, customer surveys or customer feedback and blog comments.
Our services are not directed to persons under 18 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under 18. Although we are not responsible for determining the age of our users, we may carry out verification checks. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Data, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you are the parent or guardian of a child and you believe they have provided us with Personal Data without your consent, then please contact us.
You can review, correct, update, or delete your Personal Data by either logging into your account and making the changes yourself or contacting us directly to do so.
We may also collect your Personal Data from third parties, including (but is not limited to):
- analytics providers such as Google, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, and Pinterest;
- search information providers;
- contact, financial and transaction data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as PayPal and Stripe;
- Identity and contact data from publicly available sources;
- where you have agreed with them that your information may be disclosed to us, and with whom we have business relationships;
- law enforcement agencies and other government entities;
- from someone duly authorised to act on your behalf; and/or
- your referees and/or previous employers, where you have applied for employment.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Personally Identifiable Information: We use the information we collect to deliver our services to you, including: communicating with you, providing technical support, notifying you of updates and offers, sharing useful content, measuring customer satisfaction, diagnosing problems and providing you with a personalised website experience.
Marketing communications are only sent to you if you have requested or subscribed to them. You can opt out of our marketing communications at any time by unsubscribing or emailing us and your request will be actioned immediately.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We also use the information we collect in aggregated and anonymised forms to improve our services, including: administering our website, producing reports and analytics, advertising our products and services, identifying user demands and assisting in meeting customer needs generally.
Any information you choose to make publicly available, such as blog comments and testimonials on our website, will be available for others to see. If you subsequently remove this information, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages on other websites or if others have copied or saved the information.
STORAGE AND SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will use all reasonable means to protect the confidentiality of your Personal Data while in our possession or control. All information we receive from you is stored and protected on our secure servers from unauthorized use or access. Credit card information is encrypted before transmission and is not stored by us on our servers.
We retain your Personal Data for as long as needed to provide services to you and as otherwise necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We will also take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify Personal Data once we no longer require it for the purposes for which it was collected or for any secondary purpose permitted under the APPs.
In the event there is a breach of our security, and your Personal Data is compromised, we will promptly notify you in compliance with the applicable law.
COOKIES AND PIXELS
You may disable cookies or set your browser to alert you when cookies are being sent. If you do disable cookies, we may be unable to optimise your visit to Koalaeco.com and you may experience limited functionality and errors.
Additionally, your visits may be associated with location-based information.
- you manually provide;
- derived from the IP address of your computer;
- where you have accessed our website from your mobile device, GPS information where that has been enabled on your device; or
- the proximity of your laptop computer, mobile wireless device, personal digital assistant, personal communication system, or other communications device (your Personal Communication Device) to the nearest radio tower or cell site. This information includes when your Personal Communication Device is activated as well as when and how you are using it. We may collect such data to verify the information you provide to us manually and to provide you with location-based content. We may also associate it with your existing Personal Data solely for our internal use in order to improve your experience with us.
You can generally opt-out of receiving personalized ads from third party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioural Advertising by visiting the opt-out pages on the NAI website and DAA website. Our websites are not currently set up to respond to browser do-not-track signals, but you can configure your browser settings to reject all cookies or prompt you before a cookie is set.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We do not and will not sell or deal in Personal Data or any customer information.
Your Personal Data details may be disclosed to third parties when it is required by law, or permitted under the Privacy Act, to third party service providers engaged by us, for goods or services which you have purchased, for payment processing or to protect our copyright, trademarks and other legal rights.
Service providers we may share our information with include, but are not limited to:
- Logistics service providers such as couriers and freight suppliers;
- financial services providers such as banks and payment service providers such as PayPal and AfterPay and where applicable debt collectors;
- technology service providers such as internet and database service providers, data storage and website hosting and development service providers and digital main service providers who send communications on our behalf; and
- professional advisers such as lawyers, accountants and auditors.
To enable us to deliver our services, we may transfer information that we collect about you, including Personal Data, across borders for storage and processing in other countries. If your Personal Data is transferred and processed in another country, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient will protect your Personal Data in accordance with the requirements of the APPs.
We take reasonable steps to enter into agreements with third parties that collect, store, disclose and retain Personal Data that require third parties to respect the security of your Personal Data and treat it in accordance with the law, we do not allow our third party service providers to use your Personal Data for their own purposes and only permit them to process it for specified purposes in accordance with our instructions.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may from time to time need to disclose certain information, which may include your Personal Data, to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request. Also, we may use your Personal Data to protect the rights, property or safety of Koalaeco.com, our customers or third parties.
If there is a change of control in one of our businesses (whether by merger, sale, transfer of assets or otherwise) customer information, which may include your Personal Data, could be transferred to a purchaser under a confidentiality agreement. We would only disclose your Personal Data in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see California Residents sections below for more information.
As a resident of California, the CCPA says that you have the right:
- to know what Personal Data has been collected, used, and disclosed by us over the prior 12 months;
- to delete Personal Data held by us, subject to certain exceptions;
- to opt-out of sale of Personal Data. Consumers are able to direct a business that sells Personal Data to stop selling that information. Children under the age of 16 must provide opt in consent, with a parent or guardian consenting for children under 13; and
- to non-discrimination in terms of price or service when a consumer exercises a privacy right under CCPA.
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) also permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of their Personal Data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
To exercise one of the above rights or to find out further information about how we handle your Personal Data, please contact the Data Protection/Privacy Officer via supportusa@Koalaeco.com using the email subject line ‘California Resident Privacy Request’.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may access or request correction of the Personal Data that we hold about you by contacting us. Our contact details are set out below. There are some circumstances in which we are not required to give you access to your Personal Data.
There is no charge for requesting access to your Personal Data, but we may require you to meet our reasonable costs in providing you with access (such as photocopying costs or costs for time spent on collating large amounts of material).
We will respond to your requests to access or correct Personal Data in a reasonable time and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Data we hold about you remains accurate, up to date and complete.
COMPLAINTS, ACCESS AND CORRECTIONS
If you have a complaint about the way in which we have handled any privacy issue, including your request for access or correction of your Personal Data, you should contact us at supportusa@Koalaeco.com.
We will consider your complaint, and determine whether it requires further investigation. We will notify you of the outcome of this investigation and any subsequent internal investigation.